Re: Sporadic problems with *.KBD defs under OS/2

At 02:59 PM 12/16/98 -0500, Leslie Bialler wrote:
>> Dropping in the NI *throughout* was not a good idea. Unshift 51 wouldn't
>> produce a comma when it read *51=ni,,* I haven't taken the time to go back
>> to see what others keys were thrown askew or why the ALT keys were acting
>> up. Just went back to the earlier KBD and changed the shift-key names on
>> that.
>>
>No, it wouldn't. It reads the first comma as a separator and doesn't
>know what to do with the second one. 51=ni,co might have worked. But so
>long as you're content . . .

Leslie--

Your suggestion works fine--51=ni,co makes a comma.

The NI, with perhaps a few other adjustments, could probably be dropped in
throughout a KBD table. But I didn't want to fiddle any longer with the KBD
file once I saw that changing the TABLE names put an end to that waltz of
the CSA keys.

Didn't strip out all the NI's by any means. Retained those in the original
KBD file plus those I've added one by one since as seemed necessary.
Dropped the raft of NI's I added wholesale a few days ago in one of my
attempts to work around the hesitation waltz of the keys.

> Yes, a pie

Best to acquire a pie factory? Lots of targets around. Though machine-made
pies aren't quite right. A true Luddite would insist on home-made.

Robert Hemenway
robhem@xxxxxxxx