Re: F5--and everything went black...

Robert wrote:
> No need for regular Tame users to have two AUTOEXECs.

You assume, 1) that the ONLY util or environmental variable or
anything that anybody would want to use with a DOS app is Tame,
Good point. Heretofore, my assumption was: Tame helps with all DOS
programs, but you correct that assumption in a later post here.
and 2) that user wants to use Tame with EVERY DOS or 16-bit app,
i.e. every app that calls AUTOEXEC before launching.
And apparently, that includes NotaBene 8, because when I REMmed Tame out of
the AUTOEXEC file, NB began behaving much better! I'm starting to like NB
8, though there is a learning curve.
BTW, I know this isn't an NB forum, but Robert says they don't know the
innards on the NB forum, so does anyone know what the LR1 setting in
footnote formatting means?
Looks like I'll have to go this route of two AUTOEXECs in order to make NB
coexist with Tame-Xy. Thanks, Robert. And thanks Michael for the info on
the .TAM file changes needed.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx