Re: XYWRITE digest 2334

Bill Mallon wrote:
≪I think the people to actually talk to are Red Hat or some other open source version of Linux. They might be interested and it would work well. ≫
All Linux is open source, but some are more "open" than others. And Red
Hat, it seems to me, is one of the less open distros. If we could just
get a go-ahead from K. Frank, the people I would favor approaching are
the Free Software Foundation or GNU. And pitch Xy to them as a universal
text-based front end: a programming editor (with hooks to various
compilers), a word processor, a front end to Tex/Latex (typesetting) and
DTP systems.

Patricia