Re: `invalid formatting' msgs [xyW3]

≪ I opened a file--a bibliography about thirty pages long
--and found that XyWrite gave me the "invalid formatting
command" warning when I scrolled about three pages into
the file. The invalid formatting was a label (LB) that had
an opening guillemet but no closing one. ≫ --Carlo Caballero

That unresolved label saved the day, Carlo, so this may
be the wrong time to bring this up, but I will anyway since
the xylist had about half as many subscribers as it does now
when Tim Baehr posted an undocumented xyW3 setting that
shuts off "invalid formatting command" behavior--not the
warning, but the lurchy way xyW acts except in expanded
view till you correct the offense:

	d bi=1

At the time, someone reported that it's ineffective in
xyDos 4. In xyW3 this default makes spotting unmatched
guillemets easy when the view mode is set to whatever
the non-expanded mode is called (page-line or something).
I don't even bother running xpl that looks for the mismatch.

Just a point of information. 			--a

	xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz +
	Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: