Re: UnDo2

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on
Wed, 06 Aug 2008 13:44:25 -0400

> It's looking to me like it isn't getting activated by the $K. I tried
> $K and UD is still empty.

*And* you have a real file in the current window? Because you
must. No file, no backup!

Well, I agree with you: $K must not be activating (by the bye,
it isn't "poked" -- no keystroke is poked with the $K method).
It activates just fine on my machine, likewise on Carl's
machine. *If* $K is executing, it's impossible that at least
one backup would not be made. Therefore, something must not be
correctly installed. Possibilities:
- DLG is not LOADed -- command "VA/NV $DG", what does the
PRompt say?
- DLG doesn't have, as it's initial frame, "{{5$?}}"
- KBD isn't correctly installed, or has an erroneous key
somewhere in it
- Frame {{5$K}} isn't correct in U2

Let's do this, it may shorten this discussion:
Go to a DOS Prompt on the Desktop, situate in C:\XY, and command:
 zip -9 -j HB.ZIP XyWWWeb.u2
 zip -9 -j HB.ZIP XyWWWeb.REG
 zip -9 -j HB.ZIP XY4.DLG
 zip -9 -j HB.ZIP STARTUP.INT
 zip -9 -j HB.ZIP {your KBD file}
and attach the resultant HB.ZIP to a private message to me.
Something obscure is messing up. (This is probably how we
should *start* these discussions, not end them...)

R.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx