Re: Problems With XyWrite v4.014

On Wed, 8 Mar 1995 22:27:29 -0500 (EST), Jacob Green
 wrote:
> My C drive has only about 25 or 30 meg available. Warp sets up
a swap > file as needed, and so far as I can make out it has
gone up to 18 meg. > I'll see if I can switch some files to the
D drive and free up some more > space. But if I've been having
problems with an 18 meg (or more) swap > space, I tend to think
that the problem is in hard disk access and other

  The problem with letting the system assign swap space on the
fly is that it is much slower -- it takes time for the system to
assess its needs, make the swap space, then swap. If there is a
permanent swap file bigger than what you have seen it go to
before, then that is faster. In your case, with previously an
18meg space, make it 20meg. BTW, you don't have to have the swap
space on your C drive. You can put it anywhere. I put mine in the
root directory of my biggest drive -- E:, but I'm playing with a
32 meg FAT partition for the swap space of both Linux and Warp
-- giving the file the same name for each system.

Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx

All is impermanent -- and this too shall pass away.