 Subject: XyWrite Tech Support - Msg Number #199935
   From: Kenneth Frank 70413,2455
    To: All
  Forum: IBMAPP Section: 02 - Word Processing YA"
 ---------------------------------------
 A number of you have indicated that you would like to see a technical support
 presence for XyWrite here on CompuServe. Originally it was our intention to
 establish a vendor forum, but after an investigation of the responsbilities
 and internal costs, we were not convinced there would be sufficient volume to
 justify it.

 improve XwWrite technical support and respond to our users' requests, we have
 decided to take the first step in this process by establishing a presence for
 our technical support representatives in this forum. If demand justifies it,
 we will then look at establishing an independant XyWrite forum.

 Beginning today, our technical support representatives will monitor this
forum
 and will respond to technical questions. They will jointly use the ID "TTG
 Tech Support: 74603,761", and will sign their individual names to their
 messages. As part of this service, we encourage input and conversation from
 other technical users as well, and hope to stimulate an active discussion area
 that would ultimately justify establishment of a forumBecause we will not have
 our own forum at the outset, ho we can support a file library in this forum.
 We are in the process of moving the old XyQuest BBS to Baltimore, equipping it
 with multi-line 14,400 baud modems, and setting it up as a free BBS. The tech
 support representatives will refer you to files on that BBS if you wish to
 download printer drivers, App Notes etc.

 In the last several weeks we have made substantial improvements to the volume
 of telephone calls handled immediately, and I hope our presence here will
 result in further improvement in the overall quality of our support.

 You will also note that Jeff Ramsay, the XyWrite product manager and I are
 here regularly so you may feel free to address matters of a non-technical
 nature to either of us.

 Thank you very much.

 Kenneth B. Frank, President

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947