error with dict.spl

I'm running XyWin 4.13 on a Sony laptop with Win2000, and on a Sony
desktop with Win98SE. The laptop is new, the desktop I recently wiped
and reinstalled.

I reinstalled XyWin by copying the XyWin directory from my backups, as
I always had before.

Now when I go to use the Microlytics dictionary (e.g. by asking it to
spellcheck a document) I get an error "file not found dict.spl".

I'm loading xwstart.int with the line
   LOAD C:\Xw\dict.spl;*;
where  is the function BX
and that also gives me an error "Customization file requires a file
label", which disappears if I comment out that line.

I get the same error if I try to load dict.spl from the command line.

I'm rather puzzled by this behavior, as I never had this problem
before. I've used exactly the same setup on the Win98SE computer
before with no problems, and I've used XyWin on other computers with
win2000.

I found nothing in the archives about this problem (but perhaps I was
searching for the wrong keywords). Any suggestions?

thanks!

Emery Snyder