Outlook Express (etc) and the persistent virus

Having deleted all messages in my mailboxes containing "Kro$oft says not
today", I carried out a search using the Search tool in the recently
mentioned Salamander Servant file manager. To my horror I discovered that
the messages I had deleted were still in existence. It seems that when you
delete a message in Outlook Express, and I presume in Outlook, it just
deletes reference from the mailbox panel. If you really want to exorcise
it, you must compact the folder(s). This has finally banished the offending
messages and their baggage. Compact can be found under the Files\Folders
menu.

Paul Breeze