Re: XYWRITE to PDF

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Sun, 24
Feb 2002 17:38:35 -0500

> If you don't need to do it often enough to justify the heafty
> price of Acrobat, a German programmer, Christian Alexander
> Daniel Kassler, has come up with a leaner, meaner, and cheaper
> alternative, PDF-Creator; according to the manual, it "uses
> GNU GostScipt [sic; last time I looked, if was GhostScript] to
> produce the PDF files." He's published it under the company
> name CAD-KAS (http://www.cadkas.com), whence you can download > a
> 2Mb demo version (it won't handle files larger than 100 Mb)

Interesting. Thanks for this info.

> if I embed the ≪X1≫ to mark a line for a table of contents
> before the ≪US...≫ style command that contains an auto-
> counter, the auto-counter doesn't print.

Sorry, I don't have a clue as to this problem. But, incidentally,
can you remind me how to put an auto-counter in a US command? Don't
remember being able to do that.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx