Re: Re Xy on XP--an amende honorable

J R FOX wrote:
I'm more concerned that something could short
out and burn the place down in my absence.

Too true.
Most of my systems have been kept for at least
4 or 5 years (very possibly above average),
One of the boxes at the office was purchased in 1999; I forget
when two of the others were, but it was about then (all came with
98 initial release). One of them gave us a scare last weekend
when it started growling, and I wasn't sure if it was the fan,
the PS, or the hard drive getting ready to crash. Turned out to
be the PS fan, and the tech guy cleaned it up. They get turned on
and off all the time, and so far--knock wood--they're humming
along. None, by the by, "name brands," but built-to-order systems.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx