Re: Problems With XyWrite v4.014

" On Tue, 7 Mar 1995, Harmon F Seaver wrote:
" " > >Also, in Warp OS2 the system slows drastically if I try to run Quattro
 " > >Pro for Windows and WPWin 6.1 at the same time. When I load Ecco (a
 " > >Windows PIM) things become impossible. By using XyWrite I can relieve the
 " > >load on system resources. Incidentally, I'm using a 486 DX250 with 16 meg
 " > >of RAM.
 " > " When I switch to the DOS boot the programs work " a lot
quicker and I can load the 3 main ones, but I end up with the GPF
 " fault message after a short while. That's why I'm using
XyWrite (or will " when I get the rust out); Warp doesn't get
slowed down with DOS programs: " it really is a better DOS than
DOS.
"
 :Jacob Green | INET:jake@xxxxxxxx | CIS :73457,3711 |
Voice:201-455-0455:
   You might check the Hobbes OS/2 software source for the 2
programs below. Then you'll know what the problem is. In Warp
Trace comes into its own so you might explore the help pages for the
Trace command.
1)
CPU Load Monitor - Version 1.3
CPULOAD is an OS/2 Presentation Manager Application that presents
the user with a window that contains a graph of CPU activity, as
well as the average level of CPU activity (over the last 10
seconds) in the title bar. and  2) MEMSZ241.ZIP System Resources v2.41 (Rick Papo, 14 January 1995,
Free). A simple utility for monitoring system activity and resources. Source included.
English, French, Spanish, German and Catalan texts are provided.
 This program provides a digital clock (with date), the elapsed
time since your system's last restart, the amount of free virtual
memory, the current swap-file size, the maximum amount the
swap-file can still grow, the current
CPU load (%), the number of active tasks and the amount of disk
space free on each of your hard disks. Each figure is updated
once per second, or at whatever interval from one to thirty
seconds that you wish. Removable disk drives (including CDs) are
not supported at this time.