Re: script for USB printers

Philip Friedman wrote:
I've got is a parallel cable and a WiFi connection to a print server which
is separately connected to the printer.  If I'm within cable reach, I use
the parallel cable.  (And, ultimately, I'm mostly interested in the USB
mapping for non-parallel-port printers that might be in my future)
Aha! Well that's another kettle of fish entirely. I've
no experience with either WiFi or print servers (I see
the use of the latter--twice co-workers have been
surprised to discover that you cannot print to a
printer if the PC it's hooked up to isn't on!--but I've
never been able to find them cheap enough to justify).
You're saying that printing over the WiFi print server
is noticeably slower than over the parallel cable?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx