Re: U2 version 119

** Reply to message from Judith Davidsen  on Fri, 06
Jan 2006 21:12:59 -0500

> Done. Curious, though: the top line of startup.int is wa=180, and
> the one further down that you just had me remove the quote marks
> from says wa=18.

I overlooked the 180 line. Delete it. That would result in very prolonged
error msgs.

> If I ever get around to printing directly from Xy again, I may
> need the HYP dict.

So reactivate it when that blessed day arrives. In the meantime, dump it.
Hyphenation sucks, period -- aesthetically & in principle. The only
conceivable use for it is with flush right text, which however is pretentious
in itself (ask any editor!); with rag right, there's no excuse. Why don't you
print "directly" from XyWrite? Maybe I don't need to know...

> You would not want me to continue experimenting, in order to make
> a complete report, without food.

You can put it off indefinitely, AFAIC. It postpones the day that I might have
to fix the frame. I'd rather armchair critique your installation than dig into
that (very complicated) program, especially since I can't reproduce your
problem.

And I'm not so much hungry as just plumb tuckered. It's real work answering
questions on this maillist. Never an end to them, either! Usually variations
on very familiar themes. No way out.

Aty least you won't have OOM anymore.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx