Re: Hello to Xywrite mail list

Hi Michael and welcome to the world of XYWrite:

 I've been using it since early 1980s and have been VERY VERY satisfied. This has been enhanced by my finding this web group - a user's group that shares a great deral of information including but not limited to various macros (AKA XPL for Xywrite Programming Language).
I am currently using version4 for windows and have used 4 for DOS in the past. I constantly use the windows clipboard between XYWRITE and other applications including E-Mail and forms on the internet (I also use internet forms in a local mode also using the clipboard).
Please pass all other questions. I believe you'll find lots of very friendly and helpful people in this group. Contact TTG through this site to order either the DOS or Windows version.
Dick Giering Michael Luth wrote: > I've been a WordStar 6.0 and 7.0 user for years and recently saw a mention > of Xywrite in a newsgroup I sometimes browse. My curiosity was piqued and > while doing a web search, I stumbled across "XyLite". I've played with it > for a few days, (enough to confirm I can setup at least some of my old > wordstar shortcut keys) and now I am intrigued and on the verge of buying a > copy of Xywrite 4.0 for DOS. > > I wonder if anyone would mind answering a few questions? First, can Xywrite > 4.0 communicate with windows, via the clipboard for instance, as Wordstar > 7.0 can? In that vein, while I still run DOS on an old laptop and prefer > writing with WS 7.0 DOS, I'm forced to use Windows on my desktop machine. > So I'm wondering if either the Windows or DOS version of Xywrite is more > hightly recommended? And finally, with all of the configuration options > that seem to be available, can I assume that the currently available > versions of the software come with plenty of documentation to tell me how to > do what? > > As I said, I'm very intrigued and welcome any information you can provide. > > Thank you, > Michael > mluth@xxxxxxxx