Re: which computeri

Harriet Hodges  wrote:

> I need a new computer to replace the "made-up" one
> with Windows ME on it that has unresolvable hardware
> problems. . . .

Design your own. Post preliminary specs here, & invite feedback.

Listen: Very few of us run systems with as many as 2 dozen parts, &
that's counting case, keyboard, & cables. Few parts require help
from geek or guru. So divide & conquer.

Consider my list:

1. Case
2. Power supply
3. Motherboard
4. CPU
5. Cooler
6. RAM (a.k.a. memory)
7. SCSI (can be skipped)
8. CD-RW
9. Hard drives
10 Floppy drive (or save the $15)
11 Audio card
12 Speakers
13 Video card
14 Keyboard
15 Monitor
16 Mouse
17 Modem or network card
18 Printer
19 Surge box
20 Cables to hook things together.

Add brand & model names etc for your current system (if only to
speed communication with repair shops). Then add a column for your
ideal system -- & you're on the way.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle