Re: WordPort 6.0 under Windows 3.1

On Wed, 23 Nov 1994, Harmon Seaver wrote:

>   Marvin, I am totally mystified! Quite frankly, I have never seen nor
> heard of anything like that. Are you talking about all DOS sessions, or
> just the one running XY4? If it's all DOS sessions, I'd say that you must
> have something odd in your autoexec.bat -- perhaps something related to the
> strange path problems you are having also?
>   What sort of video are you running, anyway? Did you do the SVGA thing
> at a DOS prompt (or, perhaps Warp doesn't use this -- I'll know next week
> when my copy arrives and gets installed) and then did you choose a display
> resolution incompatible with your hardware? For instance, mine can't do
> 800x600 -- it only gives me half a screen then, so I use 1024x768, which I
> like better now anyway.
> The problem occurs in sessions involving only the DOS window or DOS
full-screen. If I call up DOS programs via their icon, there's no problem.
If I call up DOS or a DOS window in order to issue commands from the DOS
prompt, the prompt appears to be somewhere off to the left of the screen (or
perhaps to the right of the screen for all I know) and the text I do see is
canted.

The path line from my OS/2 AUTOEXEC.BAT file looks like this:

PATH=D:\OS2;D:\OS2\MDOS;D:\;C:\WINDOWS;E:\tcpip\dos\bin;E:\AOL;E:\XY4;

One thing I still don't understand is why a TCP/IP program is loaded before
anything else when I try to use either OS/2 or DOS, or call up an OS/2 or DOS
program via their icons. I thought TCP/IP was communications related, and
XyWrite and Quicken certainly aren't communications programs.

As for your second question, I'm running VGA and as near as I can tell
everything is properly configured for it.

-- Marv