Re: NB Win availability

Ed Curtis wrote:

> How do you save a XyWrite III+ file as an RTF file?

Ed,

You need conversion filters. These were bundled into later versions of
XyWrite, but as I recall they were not bundled into 3+. The filters
bundled with XyWrite 4 were made by Word for Word, which was later sold
to Adobe, later sold to INSO, who did nothing with them, and are now
extinct. The last versions convert nothing past Word 6.0, but they do
convert to RTF, so if you can secure them, you'll be able to convert to
RTF. I understand from other posts I've read here that there is another
filtering program but I don't know anything about it. It is called, as I
remember, Word Port or Word Sport or something of that Sort. Perhaps one
of its users will chime in here.

And, as noted, the new Nota Bene contains its own filters.

Hope this helps.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)