Re: UnDo2

Robert wrote:
> JM 2.UnDo.INT

JM 2.UnDo.intQ2 ;*; !!!>Q2

Yes, I didn't put the full code in the email; it's there in STARTUP.INT.
> But I do hear that pop (even though nothing happens) when I do undo.

I don't hear any pop sound, ever. What's that all about? Some
XP doodad?
It's the sound I have assigned, in Control Panel/Sounds to "Close Program."
Does something close when UnDo is to recall a file?
Why not just do this?
 BX dos/nv/x/z /c del c:\xy\x739*.savQ2 ;*;
It's considerably simpler.

Good idea, thanks. I'm keeping that bit commented out while testing UnDo.
Have you got the correct files? Are the EXEs located in C:\XY ?
  40960 07/30/08 05:36 UnDo.exe
  36864 07/18/08 21:51 KillNB.exe
  20480 07/20/08 07:46 MyPID.exe
  8764 08/02/08 14:37 UnDo.frm

Yep, all is Jake re these: names, sizes, and path location.
Here's what I want you to do:
Command:
 undo.int
 dir C:\XY\UD
The directory should exist but be empty.
 ne c:\xy\tmp1.tmp
Type in this NEw TMP1.TMP file these five lines:
1
2
3
4
5
So, you've got one number on each line, followed by a carriage
return (cr/lf).
Put your cursor on line 5 and hit key 21 ($K,XD,RL).
Put your cursor on line 4 and hit key 21.
Put your cursor on line 3 and hit key 21.
This should leave you with just lines 1 and 2, right?

Right.
 re c:\xy\undoidx
File UNDOIDX should say "1;C:\XY\TMP1.TMP" -- does it??

No file is there. Here's a possible clue:
From a clean launch of Xy, I make a NEw file, do undo.int, delete a few lines (using the key with $K on it) after which UNDOIDX is not in c:\xy nor are there any files in UD. After more use of that $K key, nothing changes. BUT, after I issue UNDO UNDOIDX appears in c:\xy and a dir of UD shows a 1.001, a .CTL file and a .DAT file.
Looking at the U2 undo.int frame, I see this commented out portion--is it
right to be commented out? The first ";*;" begins in mid-line and has no
immediately following carriage return.

;*;<1> BX do/nv/x/z \KillNB.exe relax UnDo.exe Q2;*;
Earlier, when I had problems with UnDo1, they turned out to be due to a default setting in SETTINGS.DFL. Could it be something else in there, this time? BTW, I do have a seemingly valid MyPID file.DAT file.

Thanks, Robert.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx