Leaving XP for Windows 7 at last

I'm on the cusp of reluctantly leaving XP a year and a half after MS
abandoned it. I've felt relatively safe despite the lack of support, since
I have good security software and no bad browsing or downloading habits,
and took the precaution of removing notorious virus-magnets (Adobe Flash
and Java).

I'm still conflicted about the move, since I have Xy III+ doing what I want
in XP, and no complaints about its Windows functions. But I know I can't
stay with XP indefinitely, and next week I'll have some free time in which
to wrestle Windows 7 into running Xywrite (and into looking as much like XP
as possible).

I'm going to stick with 32-bit for now. I don't do anything on this
computer that needs more memory.

From list discussions, it sounds as if my simplest options probably are
either to run Xywrite with TAME (as I now do in XP), or to run it with
vDosXY.

My first question: Is there a consensus about which version of vDosXY works
best?

Lynn Brenner