Re: xy3 VS. xy4

Robert Holmgren  wrote:

> But in XyWrite, what? Since when has it become implicit that
> everything useful should be accomplished from menus without further
> knowledge?

Robert, you didn't read my byline: die-hard Xy[DOS] user. I am not
advocating that everything should be accomplished from menus. Far
>from it. No, sirree. I am advocating that everything should be
accomplished by asking the gurus on this list (see my preceding
message, which I wrote before seeing this one of yours).

But siriusly, I was just painting a scenario there that might
illustrate why new users are not exactly converting to XyWrite in
droves. I have no problem with that, quite the contrary. I am quite
content with a program that does not require me to deal with
(mutually incompatible) version updates every year, or even every
decade. But I do not subscribe to the myth that only Xy is
configurable while in Word everything is hard-coded, nor do I find
much truth in the mantra that everything what's wrong with computing
and this world in general is the fault of one BG.

Wolfgang Bechstein
wolfie@xxxxxxxx