From: Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Oct 3, 2005 12:34 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: which computer - win98se update

It's my understanding that there's no such thing, per se, as a special 98FE-to-98SE upgrader. But,
if you load ALL the updates that were available for 98FE, then supposedly you'd have something that
was ALMOST 98SE..."almost" being the catch. Some things like USB still don't work (I no
longer remember all the shortcomings).

But...one of the things I liked most about 95/98 was that you could re-load the OS on top of itself
(which ended with the advent of the NT era). Which usually fixed a lot of little corruptions, but
left intact all your customizations and settings. I did it regularly, always with noticeable
improvement. I've never heard specifically that you can just load SE on top of FE and get a wholly
SE system, but I suspect that it's possible.

Brian H.