Re: new virus warning

>Incredible. I would have thought that the subscribers to the XyWrite mail
>list were too sophisticated to fall for this hoary hoax. I have saved the

Umm... apparently this thing exists. It is a DOS batch file containing
something like: del c:\*.* -- veeeeery sophisticated, and apparently
a number of dimwits have executed the program, expecting to get a
free ride on AOL.
Of course, calling it a "virus" is stretching the definition a bit --
I'd prefer to call it an "intelligence test". :-)

-- Rene