Re: We should [NOT] move en masse to Nota Bene (sorry Anne!)

Harry wrote:

>I now wonder if VPC is better. I guess I'll just have to try it. Someone
else recommend a third way, using VM Player (I seem to recall). Do you, or
anyone know if all this means there are at least 4 solutions:

>1. XP Mode, using VPC
2. Parallels Workstation
3. VM Player
4. DOSBox

Virtual PC is the only one with DOS support (i.e. DOS additions) which means that it communicates
nicely through shared folders without a virtual network (which can be a hassle to set up and a
security problem). Neither Parallels nor VM Player have DOS support. Oracle Virtual Box is free and
is a very good solution for running e.g. Linux on Windows platforms. Virtual Box has all the
amenities that Parallels or VM Player have. These three do not have DOS additions. They certainly
can run DOS but with no communication with the host system they are well-nigh useless. DOSBox is too
marginal to consider. Why settle for less, when you can have full virtualization?

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx