Re: Editing a 2GB+ file

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on
Sun, 26 Oct 2008 00:19:49 -0400

>> I'd just be stunned if that file is
>> pure text...

> Eudora .MBX files (the actual emails) are plain text.

Please look at your MBX file. Jon implies that many emails are
all packed into one MBX -- which must be so, because otherwise
how would it grow to 2Gb? If that is the case, I'd like to know
*exactly* what characters signify the end of one message and the
beginning of the next message. Can you, or somebody, look in
MBX and tell me -- exactly? Or if somebody has a *small* MBX
file, can they ZIP it and attach it to me privately?...

The fact that there's a ton of plain text in a file doesn't make
it a "plain text file".

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx