Re: slow printing problem

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, James D. Besser wrote:

> The problem: abysmally slow printing. Using a similar
> printer in my Dos days, I remember it being much faster.
> This thing prints about a page a minute.

I don't know what version of XyWrite you're using, but in XyDos4, make
sure you're not using "image" printing. That will be much slower in a dot
matrix printer.

In a Windows program, make sure that the default font is one of the
printer's built-in fonts, so that you'll get character-mode printing.
Otherwise, you'll get "image" printing, which is essentially the sending
of a graphics file to the printer. That's really slow.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                   lawyer@xxxxxxxx
 Boston, MA 02108-2503            http://world.std.com/~lawyer/