Re: Screen size

Jonathan & Rachel Craft wrote:

When I said I set, I was referring to the menu in XYWrite,
Advanced/Defaults/Screen Hardware Settings.
Jonathan, I don't use XP(letive), so I cannot help with the screen issue (and anyway, I couldn't see a 50 line screen), but any of the things you set through the menus can be set, far easier, by manually editing settings.dfl (in the folder with editor.exe). Back it up first, of course. (Granted, the menus won't let you do something illegal, which you can do hand editing, but I suspect some of these screen lengths are illegal on modern hardware. I could have sworn Robert Holmgren, our arch-guru, said something about this within the last 12 months or so, but I haven't been able to find it in the archive.)
Do you have the manuals? If not, check Bry Henderson's site
(www.xywrite.com); I know the Customization Guide is there in pdf
form. Read the section on Defaults; it's full of goodies.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx