Re: Message IDs and threading

Patricia:

≪ I don't want to go to the hassle of changing ISPs if I won't be able
to go back to the digest again. ≫

If that's your reason for switching, don't bother. Message IDs are governed by
MIME standards; their handling doesn't vary from client to client.

You can reply to an individual message in the digest. Don't hit Reply.
Rather, start a new message and paste the subject of the message you're
replying to -- exactly as it appears in the original message (prepending "Re: "
if it's not already there) -- into the Subject line. The indexing engine
(MHonArc) should "thread" the reply correctly. (Correct me if I'm wrong,
Robert.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx