Re: XY on a smartphone?

Reply to note from Jon P  Sun, 21 Jul 2013
21:16:32 -0700 (PDT)

> Some Oxford University physicists have concocted JPC: ...
> if anyone else wants to play with this, on
> phone or computer, I'd be curious about how useful it is.

Well, after several hours of experimentation (and playing Space
Invaders -- a blast from the past!), I did finally get it to run
XyWrite 4 + XYWWWEB.U2 on my PC (WinXP). It was slow, and the
keyboard was spotty (especially the num pad), but to my surprise the
U2 frames that I tried did work. (And the STARTUP.INT produced by
PORTABLE.PM worked like a charm.) Since it was barely usable on a
PC, I assume that Xy on a phone or tablet is out of the question for
now. But the potential seems to be there. I hope JPC will continue
to be developed.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx