Re: Menu/Help file not loaded misery . . .

** Reply to message from "Fred Weiner"  on Wed, 5 Apr 2006
11:03:44 -0700

Fred, the first thing you want to do is upgrade from v4.011 to v4.018.
Simply swap the newer EDITOR.EXE for the older one. Get it here:

http://www.xywrite.com/ttg/y2k/xydos4.zip

Second, the statement in your INT file (second line from bottom) that you are
assigning "XYWRITE 4.011" to Save Get 669 (why?) suggests to me that maybe you
are treading, in your personal programming, on U2's "reserved" Save/Get range
of 600-799? That would have negative repercussions.

Third, what is the garbage on the third line from the bottom of INT? It comes
across as garbage here anyway (try to read the attachment to your own Email) --
what does it read in the original file?

Fourth, people occasionally have trouble with GetXyOS, so replace that with a
line that says
≪SV652,XyOS=W98≫;*; <== "≪" and "≫" are real guillemets!

Fifth, is EMS (Expanded, not Extended, Memory) enabled in your PIF (Properties
for XyWrite)? Do you launch Editor with "editor.exe /4000"? You should.

Sixth, download a *fresh copy* of XyWWWeb.U2 from users.datarealm.com. Simply swap
current U2 for the new one.

OK, when this is done, I want you to launch XyWrite and as your *first* act,
command "VA/NV $M+6". What number is reported? Then command "TEST-INSTALL
?2". Do you see the installation banner?

If not -- if still the same error -- then get in touch with me privately, and
we will fix things by a different method. We *will* get this fixed!

Good luck.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx