Re: Control key problems with vDosXy?

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Sat, 14 Feb 2015
14:34:38 +0000

Bill,

> Or is it a kind of sacred mystery?

That's it, exactly. Seriously, though, I have this vague notion that
the standard modifier key names (SHIFT, ALT, CTRL) are hard-coded
into DOS, so that using them in the Xy KBD file causes leaks in Xy's
takeover of DOS's keyboard functions. Changing the names cures this
problem because DOS doesn't recognize the nonstandard key names.
That's the extent of my understanding of it. I'm sure someone like
Peter a/k/a catastrophicanomaly could explain it fully.

Anyhow, glad the trick is working for you.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx