Re: RC and RD

James D. Besser said
>My biggest problem: in XyWrite I want the delete key to
>both delete the character at the cursor when no text is
>defined, and delete a defined block.

When I first saw this I thought there was a default setting that
controlled how the delete function works when there's text defined. But
maybe that's in XyWin. Anyhow, this simple (Xy4-valid) program should
achieve your goal:

==1)&(==1)>RD RC

This works in Xy4. If you're working in Xy3, try this:

>==1>RD RC

The VA$DE, which tests to see if you've actually *ended* define, isn't
valid in Xy3. If you use the above in Xy3 and have only begun defining
(with no end define), you'll get an error saying "no define block". I
guess one could build in an error trap, but for something this simple it
didn't seem worth it.

Timothy Olson
Editorial/Technical Assistant
Tyndale House Publishers