Renaming under Dos 7

Sam Martin wrote:
> DOS 7 seems to work quite well and seems little changed from DOS 6,
except
> that it permits long filenames, which I avoid. They didn't bother to
> improve certain functions: the "rename" command still doesn't take
> wildcards. Instead, use mren.com ("match-rename"), a freeware program
that
> works beautifully.

Sam,
I hope to not have misunderstood what you said, but I have no problem at
all to rename files using wildcards: and this can done using both the Dos
command "ren" and the File Manager ("winfile"). And, if I correctly
remember, this was possible also with the previous versions of Dos.
Am I incorrectly interpreting your words?

Adriano Ortile
ortile@xxxxxxxx