TED--a Linux Xy-type editor?

This is re the eventual death of XyWrite due to being not runnable on
future OS's.

Searching the web for a Xywrite-type editor, I hit upon "TED" for Linux:

"TED is a multi-purpose text editor with IDE (integrated development
environment) features for UNIX-like operating systems. It is not a word
processor although it does provide some word processing facilities. TED has
no internal restrictions on file length or line length.

"TED works:
"·	on conventional text terminals (e.g. vt100, wyse60), including the
terminal emulators (e.g. xterm). Under Linux it uses termcap as a database
of terminal capabilities;
"·	on IBM PC with the full support of mouse, multi-color, various
video-modes and scan-codes;

"·	as a native Xlib application under X Window system. "

What caught my eye was this:

"Keyboard macros. You can record a sequence of any keystrokes and run it
with a single key, save it in file for later use, or bind a macro to any
abbreviation.

"Undo/Redo facility. You can define the size of undo buffer yourself.

"Fully redefinable keyboard. You can bind editor's commands and macros to
any key sequence to meet your requirements.

"The editor is binary-clean and 8-bit clean."

Does anyone know about TED? The site is:
http://kpdus.tripod.com/ted.html

I suspect that this is something from the 90s, given this:

"History:

"TED has been developed in 1993-1994 while I was working in the Russian
software company Eagle Dynamics Ltd. The editor has a status of commercial
product available for various UNIX platforms. In 1996 I've got a permission
from the company to maintain a free version of TED for Linux operating
system. This fully functional version is distributed in binary-only form
and without printed documentation."

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx