Re: vDos bug report

Reply to note from Paul Lagasse  Wed, 11 Feb
2015 17:57:40 -0500

> It may not be Xy3 or Xy4 or vDos issue. Some websites suggest
> that ctrl or shift plus alt and an arrow key can rotate the
> screen in Win 7 and 8. Search on "Keyboard shortcuts to rotate
> the screen in Win 7 and Win 8."

Paul, you've hit the nail. See, for example, this page:

http://bit.ly/rotate_screen

M$> ... it only works if it is supported by the installed
M$> hardware/drivers. ... Some graphic devices do support a keyboard
M$> shortcut to rotate the screen, notably nVidia, enables the
M$> Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Keys.

I've discovered that my Nvidia graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 745)
does support this shortcut, though only with my wide-screen monitor.
It does not work with my older 4:3 aspect-ratio monitor.

So, thankfully, it's not a vDos issue after all.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx