RE: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Phil,
One of the big problems I see is the current (and most likely) WYSIWYG concept. The XyWrite screen really doesn't satisfy that modern need. However, that said, there is nothing to prevent the addition of a non-editable 'print view' screen which could be brought up as a side-by-side "preview" with the standard XyWrite editing window next to it. Result: rapid entry/editing with a real-time view of the output.
I like this idea. It's basically the way I use XyWrite to produce
documents now, except not in real time. For formatted documents, I
print to PDF to get a print preview. For web pages, I use the U2
routine HTMVIEW to refresh the browser view of the HTML document that
I'm editing in XyWrite. This works very well with the source document
(XyWrite) on one monitor and the output (PDF or browser) on an
adjacent monitor.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx