Re: printer problems {again}

Carlo--Thank you! I now have it working!
   The printer cable hadn't "gone bad," but in checking if it had, I
opened a little door where the cable goes into the printer and found that it
was loose. (When I had unplugged and replugged all the cables earlier to
check if that was the problem, I was checking only from the ends that could
be plugged--not from the ends that disappeared into the computer,
monitor...or printer.
     I thank you all for your help and patience; you (especially Harry)
helped me realize I could go into the computer--into the files, or
physically, into the hardware--without "blowing it up." I also learned a lot
more about Xywrite. I just hope that in the process, I haven't driven anyone
crazy with my lack of know-how.
     I am still very interested, as I suppose most people on this list
are, in finding a printer that is compatible with Xywrite and will print out
italics and the rest without too much trouble. I'll keep looking here for
that.
      Thank you all again for your help,
      Leslie