Re: More evidence for why XyWrite is best

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Bob Zimmerman wrote:

> "For example, the current generation of word processors from Microsoft is
> constantly trying to guess how the user wants to format paragraphs,
> capitalize words, and carry out other details of the craft of writing.

Exactly: those clowns are trying to **guess* -- and their guesses
range from ridiculous to silly. As the editor of a fiction
magazine, I am constantly reminding writers (especially
first-times) that the "format" that Microsoft is pushing for
manuscripts is **wrong.*

George Scithers of owlswick@xxxxxxxx
editor, _Weird Tales_