Re: Minitrue

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:O7:16 -0700

> Actually, you can search and replace through multiple files in a directory
> with XyWrite alone in 3.5x.

You can SEarch multiple files with a single command, but how do you
replace? Moreover, if I pen a file found by the SEarch command
(se filemask/search$/) and make some replacements with CI|CV, func EN EditNext
doesn't open the next matching file in the mask (it returns "No more files" --
on my system, anyway, both Xy3 and Xy4). So how exactly are you achieving this?

Minitrue is really pretty good. But how often do you make global changes to
multiple files? In my case, next to never. If all we're doing is changing line
endings (DOS==>Unix, Unix==>DOS), that's easy enough to do in XyWrite.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx