Re: Backup software

Hello Jordan,

This sounds a good plan. I think you could use either of these
combinations, whichever is more convenient: a Net-enabled Linux host and
a Win7 virtual machine without direct net connection or a Win7 host with
a browser that would not connect to the Internet and a Linux VM handling
all outside connections.

CentOS has really long-term support, 10 years after release. And as it
is based on/ similar to Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

My intention was to keep relying on 7 until security patches end in 2020. After that, I'd prefer to keep using it -- either inside a VM, or on its own unplugged from the internet, if that's the only safe option. If there is to be a transition, and for the sake of security, I think I'd rather have some Linux become the Host, and have Win 7 as the Guest VM. So I would hope there are appropriate tools for doing that. The Linux distro recommended to me that I had begun trying out is Mageia 5.1.