AUTOEXEC and CONFIG

Title: AUTOEXEC and CONFIG

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Holmgren [mailto:holmgren@xxxxxxxx]

** Reply to message from michael.norman@xxxxxxxx on Sat, 30 Nov

>Michael:

>> 1A. If it's a pif for editor.exe, then what are the best settings for the
>> properties tab, especially with memory management. (There was partial
>> discussion of this here in four posts, but no conclusion to the thread.)

>Conventional mem AUTO  Initial Env AUTO
>Expanded EMS mem 5120
>Extended XMS mem NONE
>DPMI mem AUTO

I was just re-reading this message about the proper settings for the Editor PIF and I was wondering if any of the other settings, besides those under the Memory tab, effect XyWrite (or effect windows while Xy is running) ?

I.E.

The Screen tab:
  Initial Size: ?
  Fast ROM Emulation: yes/no ?
  Dynamic Memory Allocation: yes/no ?

The Misc tab:
  Background - Always Suspend: yes/no ?
  Idle Sensitivity (without TAME): high or low ?
  Fast Pasting: yes/no ?

...and since I sometimes also use a LNK to CMD.EXE to manually start Xy with a batch file:

The Options tab:
  Buffer Size: ?
  Number of Buffers: ?
  Discard Old Duplicates: yes/no ?
  Quick Edit Mode: yes/no ?
  Insert Mode: yes/no ?

I'm hoping to use the answers to create a HowTo file on the final word concerning the running of Xy under windows. Any other comments in this area would be very welcome.

Brian Henderson
xywrite@xxxxxxxx
http://www.XyWrite.com; TARGET="_blank">http://www.XyWrite.com