R: Snr

Peter
Thank you for the two snr files you sent to me.
At this moment I've tried the smallest one, the snr3, and it seems to work
well and fine.
One important way it works is that the sequence in wich the strings are
processed is not important. Often I need to translate pc ASCII texts to
Macintosh texts; until now, I used a small xpl routine I wrote for this
purpose, which has at least this limit: the result depends from the order
in which the equations appear. See this example.

PC code             Mac code
141 (lower case accented i) ===> 147 (PC o circumflex)
135 (lower case c cedilla) ===> 141 (PC lower case accented i)

It is mandatory for that xpl program to execute the 141===>147 conversion
first: if it does the 135===>141 first, the result is that the 135 code is
first converted to 141 and then, on the next processing step, converted
again to 147 (which is not what wanted).

I will contact the author for payment.

Adriano Ortile