Re: Two real, honest-to-goodness Xy questions

I can't be much help as I am temporary xy-exile while my win laptop waits for a new power connector but I always joyfully use windowed mode and about 40 lines using Lucida Console 24 or 28 point, on a 1920x1200 15" screen. I use TAME and have some old version of XyWWW attached; don't have 4DOS whatever that is. Never have any problems. I really enjoy the extra lines. They're a big help, I'd say, in creative writing; I believe the extra lines help give me a greater sense of structure.

I've never spent any time in anything but 25 line mode, but I
think you're going to have serious complications due to the
interplay of 4DOS, Tame, Windows console mode, and XyWrite.
They may well be at cross purposes.