Re: A pointer, please.

  Maybe I should reply to this post since I initiated the thread. I
  have been using NB4.5a (DOS) for some years, and I like it very much.
  I realize that it can handle tables very well. As for NB Windows,
  ...well, I'm a DOS person. No more need be said, I think. As for
  my migration to XY4 (DOS), that was recent, and it was brought about
  by my need to handle a very large file that was giving me trouble in
  NB4.5a. In fact, I could not edit the file without crashing, and I
  needed to be able to edit the file (which, by the way was originally
  a NB file) as a single file. With the help of one person on this
  list, I discovered that XY4 was not only able to read this file per-
  fectly, but edit it with ease. I also discovered an elegant graphic
  view, which gave me a very clear picture of the printer output.
  Don't get me wrong, I like NB4.5a a whole lot, and I will continue to
  use it, but I've discovered XY4, and there are certain things that
  it does very well, as there are certain things that NB4.5a does well
  (one being tables, and there are a number of other things as well).
  But it does not handle large files as well as XY4. And please don't
  ask me to graduate to Windows. There are some of us who will always
  object to windows programmes. I'm one of them. Sorry. By the way,
  I purchased NB4.5a (DOS) precisely because I could see that it was the
  last DOS version of a great programme.

  M.W. Poirier