Re: Elegance in XPL sought

Robert Holmgren wrote:
In NB-land, it's unheard of -- many users have never seen eXPanded ['Codes']
view, and don't know what to make of it.
Good grief! Well, there are people (some of my
coworkers, e.g.) who use WordPerfect and never bother
to turn on Reveal Codes (about the best thing about the
program).
They want the least possible
intrusion/disruption. Don't we all?
But isn't it intrusive/disruptive to try and insert
text and have it go in in some weird font or alignment
because there's some hidden formatting there? Something
that happens all too often when editing someone else's
Word docs. I do tend to work in draft mode when writing
TEXT: with the formatting deltas I know what's what,
but I can get additive modes, and for my eyes expanded
mode can get difficult to read. But for writing
CODE--no, no, absolutely has to be done in Expanded
Mode. That's one of the great things about Xy: you can
use the mode that's best for the work at hand, rather
than being forced to work the way someone else thinks
you should. What's the old saw about everything looking
like a nail if the only tool you have is a hammer?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx