Re: beep in Xy4/XP/Dell 8500

** Reply to message from Bill Troop  on Sun, 07 Sep 2003
14:53:42 -0400

> I'm pretty sure I remember that there is a command to remove or
> reduce the volume of the beep.

Error Beep variable (EB). Just reduce the duration to near-zero. And/or set
the frequency (pitch) to the borderline capability of your PC speaker (very
high|low). There isn't a volume control per se for XyBeeps. Might be for
individual sound cards, but I've never seen one, don't have one now, and don't
think the sound card has a connection with the PC internal speaker. Timothy
Olsen wrote: "The slider on the far right [of SysTray Volume control] is for
'PC Beep'." Not on my W2K ThinkPad.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx