spammicide (was: XY concordancer pgm?)

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Leslie Bialler wrote:

> Rene von Rentzell wrote:
> >
> > >I'll have Spam Spam Spam Spam eggs and Spam!
> >
> > You got that in the internet. Actually, has anybody else noticed how
> > markedly the amount of spam has gone down since AGIS.NET finally
> > gave the boot to Cyberpromo yesterday? Amazing what a large part of
> > that trash actually originated from one single scum of a company.
>
> No, I was unaware of this. Could you brief us?

I don't have the numbers at hand, but summaries have been posted in
news.admin.net-abuse.email.  AGIS cut off Sanford (Cyberpromo) Wallace,
& -- no question -- the incidence of spam fell markedly. For one glorious
day I received no spam -- zero, zilch, nil . . .

Alas: it's now back to abnormal, meaning worse than ever.

Wallace sued AGIS, & a judge ruled that by contract his connectivity
must be restored till (I think) today.

Cyberpromo is pimp to a large number of whores. Their loyalty, or
dependency, remains to be seen.

AGIS, a spam haven & proud of it, may or may not have seen the light.
All that's been proved so far is that there is no honor amongst thieves.
They can't _not_ stab each other in the back.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle