Lotus Organizer

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Tue, 19 Oct
2004 21:26:29 -0400

> I've been running IBM Lotus Organizer 6 (now 6.1) for years. Not free,

Actually, if you buy an IBM PC or laptop, likely you'll get a free Lotus
SmartSuite license. You then need to call IBM to request a copy of the CD,
which they will send at no charge. I just did this with my new ThinkPad.

SmartSuite includes 123, WordPro, the Approach database, and Organizer. None
of these have any market share, but they are good programs. WordPro is an
object oriented word processor like Word, but much easier to work with, in my
opinion.

Walter Mossberg, who writes on computer topics for the Wall Street Journal, has
mentioned in several recent columns that he uses Organizer. (Years ago, he
took a few shots at Xywrite as being too complicated, and got some flack for
it. It took awhile, but eventually I forgave him for that.)

Tom Hawley
New York
tjh@xxxxxxxx