Re: NET USE error - Was: USB Printing with DOS2USB

backinblue@xxxxxxxx wrote:
No matter what, same message is displayed:
“System Error 67 has occurred�
“The network name cannot be found.�

Suggestions are welcomed – Thanks, Joe
Your syntax is correct and everything else looks right, so I'm
suspecting an overzealous firewall. What security software are you
running? Make sure you're disconnected from the Net, turn off your
firewall, and try again.
Note that the WordPerfect page that someone recommended a while back
warned that Norton would generate Error 66. And when I tried the
suggestion on that page for using Net use on a W98SE system (where the
standard procedure doesn't work), I got an Error 6x (don't remember
the exact number, but it was 60-something) and assumed it was caused
by Zone Alarm.
Now you may not have to turn off your firewall; perhaps you can just
configure it to let the printer be considered "trusted." But how to do
that will vary with your specific firewall.
You might also check User Permissions (I THINK it's under Control
Panel, Users) to see if the user you are logged in as has permission
to access that printer. But I bet it's the firewall.
Hmm, didn't we have a listing of MS error messages here a few years
ago? And didn't someone (Robert probably) tell us how to find the IP
address of our printer (because that's what ZoneAlarm wants if I'm to
tell it the printer is trusted)?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx