XyWrite For Windows

Well, guess what: XyWrite for Windows ACTUALLY EXISTS! I have it installed on
my computer here, and it's up and running!

Some initial reactions, based on a couple of hours of playing:

a) This thing blows Word Perfect for Windows out of the water! I'm running on a
50mhz machine under OS/2, and WPW is so slow that it's almost unusable (Version
5.1), even on my fast machine. XyW, on the other hand, has nearly the same
snappy feel as the DOS version. And the WYSIWYG mode is an order of magnitude
better than XyDos: its easy to ready, fully editable, and FAST enough to be
ususable for real editing chores.

b) It looks like customized dialogue and menu files can be shared with XyDos,
although I haven't tried it yet.

c) My heavily customized keyboard works just fine.

d) XyW handles my extensive array of TrueType fonts, so I don't need to go out
and buy expensive Speedo fonts.

e) The only kludge I've found is that in order for printing to work I had to
manually change the printer ports to LPT1.OS2 instead of LPT1.

In short, XyWrite for Windows seems to be a winner. If this thing had been out
two years ago, it would have taken the market by storm.

More later on bugs/glitches/etc if I find any.

Steve